Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4.2, Can't work when includes both Acoustic-Shell physics and acoustic-solid physics.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, my structure contains two panel one is close to shell, one is much thicker.
So I use this two physics to complete my model, however I found once I try to add Solid or acoustic-solid into the model, it will show the error for the "interior shell" boundary in the acoustic-shell part (as the attached pic)

Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: mod1.acsh.nz
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 9
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d(((mod1.acsh.nx*mod1.acsh.u_ttX+mod1.acsh.ny*mod1.acsh.u_ttY+mod1.acsh.nz*mod1.acsh.u_ttZ)*mod1.acsh.delta*(-down(test(mod1.p))+up(test(mod1.p))))*(dvol_spatial),{up@2})

even I don't include any domains in the solid or acoustic-structure physic part, the error will exist until I delete that physic (even to set it to "disable" is useless).

But if I add shell or other physics to acoustic-shell model can work without problem.

I wonder if there something I should setup first to avoid this problem?

Deeply thank for your kindly help.

Jen-Hsuan

0 Replies Last Post 2011年8月5日 GMT-4 04:53
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jen-Hsuan Ho

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.