Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Comsol Simulation result to Comsol geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

assuming I have a stationary heat transfer simulation with some arbitrary boundary conditions.

What I want to have is the polygon tracing the interface layer between elements that are of phase 1 (i.e. of which the average temperature is above a certain temperature) and elements that are of phase 2 (i.e. of which the average temperature is below a certain temperature) as a geometry in the Geometry definition of the component of a new model (or the same) to use it for a second different simulation.

I already fail to export data like that to any kind of format, not to mention COMSOL geometry. The only thing I get with Attribute "Phase Change" with ΔT = 1E-9 and (can't put exactly zero) is a nice indication of the phase change in the output plot, see attachmenent.

Is there a way to do this? Is there a general way to export the outline of elements which have a specific property?

Thanks for your help!

Achim

1 Reply Last Post 2019年1月14日 GMT-5 13:46
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年1月14日 GMT-5 13:46

Hello Achim,

Have you tried the approach presented in this blog post ?

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Achim, Have you tried the approach presented in [this blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-use-topology-optimization-results-as-model-geometries/) ? Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.