Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling different physics in two different domains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am having hard time in setting the continuity condition at the boundary between two domains.

Example:

I am trying to do this example
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/170/
in comsol 4.2.

I chose laminar flow in free domain and chose brinkman mode in the porous domain. I do not understand how to specify continuity at the internal boundary!.

From comsol user guide, I understand that automatic continuity condition applies only when laminar flow is active in both the domains. If I set laminar flow as inactive, the inner boundary default to wall and I could not change it.

Can somebody help me how to do this?

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2011年10月4日 GMT-4 21:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Santhosh Reddy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.