Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Full S Parameter Matrix - I activated port sweep, but S12, S22 shows no data. No touchstone file generated.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. My question concerns an Electomagnetic Waves, Frequency Domain model.

I am trying to obtain S11, S12, S21, S22 from a 2-port rectangular waveguide having numerical ports and a sample material in the middle of it. I have activated port sweep to acquire the full S parameter matrix as suggested here: https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/attachment/211542/Activate-port-sweep-45092.png

For some reason I am unable to obtain S12 and S22 using the suggested method. Also, if I add a parametric sweep option to the study, "PortName" is not generated in the selectable parameter name dropdown list.

If I create a parameter called PortName within Parameters in Global Definitions, then I can setup a parametric sweep specifying each port. From here, the a full S parameter matrix is generated as well as a touchstone file when the simulation completes.

Is this the correct method for obtaining the true full S parameter matrix?

0 Replies Last Post 2019年3月27日 GMT-4 11:41
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nathan Zechar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.