Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnestrictive analysis using permanent magnets

Mahdieh Shojaei Baghini Biomedical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am trying to analyse the behaviour of a magnetostrictive materials with two permanent magnets attached at its ends. Since there is no current flow, I have used the appropriate Physics. After taking help and viewing all the COMSOL documentations on AC/DC models, permanent magnets and non-linear magnetostriction, I am still unable to understand how I should proceed (magnetism isn't my strongest suit).

Should I define additional air domains, or perhaps keep a gap between the magnets and the magnetostrictive material? I don't want to fix any constraints on the magnetostrictive material. The appropriate meshing is there however removed to reduce size of file.

Thank you

-------------------
Biomedical Engineer

1 Reply Last Post 2019年8月27日 GMT-4 08:43
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年8月27日 GMT-4 08:43

Hi,

I would recommend to take a look at the respective application library model. You find it in the Structural Mechanics department. Magnetostriction is not available in mfnc.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, I would recommend to take a look at the respective application library model. You find it in the Structural Mechanics department. Magnetostriction is not available in mfnc. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.