Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL with MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to use COMSOL 4.1 with Matlab, and I realized that I have no shortcut "COMSOL 4.1 with MATLAB". I tried re-installing COMSOL, but still I don't get it.

I do have licence for the MATLAB LiveLink.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Silviu.

3 Replies Last Post 2011年11月24日 GMT-5 10:09
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月23日 GMT-5 10:01
Hi

its called Livelink I believe now (and in 4.1), the best is to ask your local rep or via support

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi its called Livelink I believe now (and in 4.1), the best is to ask your local rep or via support -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月23日 GMT-5 10:35
I have no idea why the shortcut isn't there. It should be after reinstalling from scratch, so maybe the installer encountered some kind of problem...

But if it's really just the missing shortcut you're after, then that's easily fixable. Just create a new shortcut somewhere and enter as target something like:
C:\COMSOL41\bin\win64\comsolserver.exe matlab

...whichever your installation directory and whether you use the 64-bit or 32-bit version.
I have no idea why the shortcut isn't there. It should be after reinstalling from scratch, so maybe the installer encountered some kind of problem... But if it's really just the missing shortcut you're after, then that's easily fixable. Just create a new shortcut somewhere and enter as target something like: [quote]C:\COMSOL41\bin\win64\comsolserver.exe matlab[/quote] ...whichever your installation directory and whether you use the 64-bit or 32-bit version.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月24日 GMT-5 10:09
Many thanks for your answers.

Silviu.
Many thanks for your answers. Silviu.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.