Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

posteval vs mpheval AND postdataplot vs ???

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

Recently I started using the newer version of comsol (v4.2a). Before, I used version 3.5a.

In my old models (with v3.5a), I very often used the posteval command in matlab to analyse the simulation data of my comsol model. This posteval command created a matlab-structure in which one of the components contains the data information (e.g. displacement values) I needed. After performing some transformations on the data (e.g. Fourier transforms or inverse Fourier transforms) I was able to plot the transformed data using the postdataplot-command, which uses the matlab-structure created with the posteval command.

Now, in the newer version of comsol, I would like to do the same analysis. Again, the data from comsol can be analysed in matlab by using the mpheval command (instead of the posteval command). However, after transformation of the data, I cannot plot it anymore. It seems that the function postdataplot from the older versions of comsol has totally disappeared in the newer versions. Is there still a way to be able to plot the matlab structure that results from the mpheval command?

Hoping someone of you has an answer to this.

Kind regards,
Steven Delrue

0 Replies Last Post 2011年12月6日 GMT-5 05:57
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Steven Delrue

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.