Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stator field does not move in simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Friends,

I am trying to simulate a linear motor segment with periodic boundary condition and sweeping the position of rotor with parameter sweep. However my stator field does not move, can anyone help me to solve this?

I am attaching the model. I am using 4.2a Magnetic field with ale.

Thanks
Arijit

2 Replies Last Post 2012年1月2日 GMT-5 11:50

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月2日 GMT-5 05:32
Hi!

I think, the identity pair should better be "continuity" instead of "periodic condition".
But the periodic condition at the left and right side is still a bit strange...

Ralf
Hi! I think, the identity pair should better be "continuity" instead of "periodic condition". But the periodic condition at the left and right side is still a bit strange... Ralf

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月2日 GMT-5 11:50
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your mail. Yes you are right still this has some problem. What I was feeling the continuity should have been between only the non-intersecting section of the common boundary (when it seperates out). However I could not enforce any boundary condition in that way.

Let me know if you have some other idea I can try.

Once again I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Arijit
Hi Ralph, Thanks for your mail. Yes you are right still this has some problem. What I was feeling the continuity should have been between only the non-intersecting section of the common boundary (when it seperates out). However I could not enforce any boundary condition in that way. Let me know if you have some other idea I can try. Once again I appreciate your help. Thanks Arijit

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.