Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Data Processing in COMSOL v3.5a and v4.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I modeled a heat transfer analysis in 3D geometry. Currently I used COMSOL v3.5a for my analysis, but I will transfer it to v4.2a in a while.

My model consists of a cylindrical geometry of 30m diameter and 30m height. There are also some other domains in this large cylinder (heat sources, etc.). What I am trying to achieve is, to extract the Temperature data from various locations. Let's say, I wish to calculate the average temperatures in a distance 5.0m away from the center of the cylinder. Thus, I want the average of temperatures along a circle which has a diameter of 5.0m, sharing the same center point as my large cylinder. I also want to do this for several depths; depths from the surface (z=0.00m) to z=20.00m with relevant increments.

Is there a reasonable and faster method (rather than point by point reading) for doing this? I am also willing to achieve this via scripting if it is possible. I'll appreciate it if you could just tell me where should I start with this. Also methods for both v3.5a and v4.2a will be appreciated.

Best regards,
--
Tolga

0 Replies Last Post 2012年1月16日 GMT-5 03:29
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tolga Y. Ozudogru

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.