Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I've been problems with COMSOL in a new installation i can't run anything. The window which COMSOL shows says:

The following feature has encontered a problem:

Error: Failed to create a folder to save to\

Would yo mind to help me? Thanks

Oscar

2 Replies Last Post 2012年3月8日 GMT-5 11:23
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月29日 GMT-5 16:41
Hi

For installations, I believe the best is to get help directly from support, or your local rep.

All mine, so far, have all installed smoothless (Win 7 and Linux) without any tweaking

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi For installations, I believe the best is to get help directly from support, or your local rep. All mine, so far, have all installed smoothless (Win 7 and Linux) without any tweaking -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年3月8日 GMT-5 11:23
Hi

If you are using 4.2 then

go to Options>preferences, and uncheck the "save recovery file" check box

then save and close the COMSOL file, and then re-open again and from then it will not have the error.

If you are using 4.1 then
menu> Options > Preferences > Save, and un-check the "Recovery" check box.
then save and close the COMSOL file, and then re-open again and from then it will not have the error.

Regards
--
Faysal
Hi If you are using 4.2 then go to Options>preferences, and uncheck the "save recovery file" check box then save and close the COMSOL file, and then re-open again and from then it will not have the error. If you are using 4.1 then menu> Options > Preferences > Save, and un-check the "Recovery" check box. then save and close the COMSOL file, and then re-open again and from then it will not have the error. Regards -- Faysal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.