Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adding more values to parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am running a structural mechanics simulation using parametric sweep. The simulation takes a long time to be performed and sometimes I see that if I had added more values in parametric sweep I would have got the desired solution.

I mean for example I have an indention of a sphere in a polymer film for (0.1,5,300) nm and I see that if it was 350 instead of 300, I had got the results, I wanted. Is there a way that comsol continues the previous calculation without starting from beginning? It saves me a lot of time. Please help me.

Yours
Marjan

3 Replies Last Post 2012年1月30日 GMT-5 11:14
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月30日 GMT-5 08:04
Hi

check the "continuation" option when (re)launching a solver, check the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the "continuation" option when (re)launching a solver, check the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月30日 GMT-5 09:18
Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I could not find it :(. It would be great if you just tell me a little more directly.

Yours,
Marjan

Hi, Thanks for your reply but I could not find it :(. It would be great if you just tell me a little more directly. Yours, Marjan

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月30日 GMT-5 11:14
Hi

Your are right, the content of the right click concenring solving changes depending on the situation, i.e. you have stopped due to a "stop condition" you can hit a "continue", but if it has gone through a full sequence, you need to redefine a new study, starting from the previous one () as initial conditions to not to redo everything) and solve for the next steps.

From the moment you modify your solver settings, the "continue", "compute to here", "compute from here" are all changing ;)

Be aware that you can start / restart from different levels of the solver nodes. Make a simple model case and try it out

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Your are right, the content of the right click concenring solving changes depending on the situation, i.e. you have stopped due to a "stop condition" you can hit a "continue", but if it has gone through a full sequence, you need to redefine a new study, starting from the previous one () as initial conditions to not to redo everything) and solve for the next steps. From the moment you modify your solver settings, the "continue", "compute to here", "compute from here" are all changing ;) Be aware that you can start / restart from different levels of the solver nodes. Make a simple model case and try it out -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.