Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

input of point coordinate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
i'm working with a cylindrical model and it's important I mesh it via the swept method.
The problem is that I need an electrical point source somewhere inside my cylinder and the "mesh daemon" isn't too happy about it.
I was wondering if was possible to select a point of the mesh on the image and get the coordinates. In this way I will attribute to the electrical point source this coordinates.
This is a little trick i thought. now with the questions:
1) Is it possible to grab the coordinates graphically?
2) If it is, the procedure that i want to use could cause some " hidden" problems ?
thank you all a for your time,
Giorgio.

3 Replies Last Post 2012年2月16日 GMT-5 17:39
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月16日 GMT-5 08:14
Hi

try to cut your geoemtry such that the "point is some clever intersection of lines oredges of a boundary, then normally you can mesh with a sweep , AND catch the point. Normally you cannot go backwards from mesh to geoemetry in COMSOL, as the mesh is based on the geoemtry and not the inverse

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to cut your geoemtry such that the "point is some clever intersection of lines oredges of a boundary, then normally you can mesh with a sweep , AND catch the point. Normally you cannot go backwards from mesh to geoemetry in COMSOL, as the mesh is based on the geoemtry and not the inverse -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月16日 GMT-5 08:56
Thanks ivar, but i already tried that, i didn't mange to do it...
olus I'm looking for something at a higher level compared with the mere research of a line with my face close to the monitor because the point must be as close to a surface inside the cylinder as possible....
i'll find another way, thanks,
Giorgio
Thanks ivar, but i already tried that, i didn't mange to do it... olus I'm looking for something at a higher level compared with the mere research of a line with my face close to the monitor because the point must be as close to a surface inside the cylinder as possible.... i'll find another way, thanks, Giorgio

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月16日 GMT-5 17:39
Hi

And it's true that I cannot find back the "revolve mesh" feature of 3.5, probably not yet implemented in V4

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi And it's true that I cannot find back the "revolve mesh" feature of 3.5, probably not yet implemented in V4 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.