Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axial Ratio Plot for a Circularly Polarized Antenna

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to plot the axial ratio in different planes for an antenna placed at the origin.
To check if the antenna is producing Circular Polarization. I use an edge selection on the frequency domain solution
and choose a couple of edges on the far field domain sphere. Then I use a 3D arrow line plot to show the Far field
emw.Efarx, emw.Efary, emw.Efarz components along the edges.
I then go to the solution under datasets and change the phase of the solution from 0-360 degrees to see the far field
E field vector rotating and visually see the variation of the magnitude of the arrows to get an idea of the axial ratio.
Now I am trying to figure out how to quantify the axial ratio at different angles along the azimuth, using a polar plot.
To do this I want to plot the ratio of the magnitudes of the norm of the maximum far field E field to minimum far field E field along various points in the azimuth. The maximum and minimum of emw.normEfar at each point should be over 1 RF cycle (all solution angles between 0-360 degrees).
Can anyone suggest a way of doing this. whats the expression to get the maximum of the emw.normEfar over one whole RF cycle (all phases) at a given spatial point.
I got some idea from the following thread, but it involves manually varying the solution angle and the sample model provided by one of the replies is empty.
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/25356/
Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 2012年2月16日 GMT-5 15:06
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Harshit Suri

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.