Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

warning failed to render face '4'

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Why would comsol fail to render a specific face?

2 Replies Last Post 2012年3月20日 GMT-4 11:14

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年3月20日 GMT-4 04:30
I dont know which kind of file (*.stl or *.stp ...) do you use to import in COMSOL. Have you tried to verify that there is no "open edge" in your geometry before importing ?

I would like to know if you resolve your problem

Regards,

Dinh
I dont know which kind of file (*.stl or *.stp ...) do you use to import in COMSOL. Have you tried to verify that there is no "open edge" in your geometry before importing ? I would like to know if you resolve your problem Regards, Dinh

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年3月20日 GMT-4 11:14
I created the geometry in comsol. I have a feeling something strange is going on, though. The problem vanishes when I disable a somewhat complicated 3D shape I have, even though they don't touch. The shape consists of an open parametric curve closed with an open polygonal path, where that union closed curve is converted to a solid, and revolved around some axis to 3D-ize it.
I created the geometry in comsol. I have a feeling something strange is going on, though. The problem vanishes when I disable a somewhat complicated 3D shape I have, even though they don't touch. The shape consists of an open parametric curve closed with an open polygonal path, where that union closed curve is converted to a solid, and revolved around some axis to 3D-ize it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.