Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Display values of variables used during simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have a question regarding variables used under Component, Definitions (see attached screenshot). I am using variables that change during simulation and are used as input for forces on the mechanical part. I am wondering if there is either a way to get the evolution of these variables as the simulation converges, or at least if there is a way to get the final values of these variables at the end of the simulation. In the Results section, I only seem to be able to obtain values that I can compute from the mesh, and can't seem to be able to either read / plot / obtain the values of these variables in any way. Any help would be appreciated. Best, Cedric

2 Replies Last Post 2020年11月5日 GMT-5 18:03
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年11月5日 GMT-5 07:12

Hi

If your variables depend on x,y,z coordinates they are difficult to return as a number.

You can use probes to extract values from the model as numbers and plot them while solving.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi If your variables depend on x,y,z coordinates they are difficult to return as a number. You can use probes to extract values from the model as numbers and plot them while solving.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年11月5日 GMT-5 18:03
Updated: 4 years ago 2020年11月9日 GMT-5 19:55

Hello, Thank you very much for your help! The particular variable I am interested in is actually a scalar (no dependance on axes). I could access it using the probes functions, thank you for your help! Best, Cedric

Hello, Thank you very much for your help! The particular variable I am interested in is actually a scalar (no dependance on axes). I could access it using the probes functions, thank you for your help! Best, Cedric

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.