Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bar magnet simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I ve just installed comsol and a complete beginner.Can anyone please help me to generate a simple cuboidal (bar) magnet???.I want to simulate magnetic field between a magnet and a ferromagnetic material with varying distances between them.

3 Replies Last Post 2020年11月20日 GMT-5 12:05
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年11月19日 GMT-5 13:28
Updated: 3 years ago 2020年11月19日 GMT-5 13:29

Hello Rahul,

Since you mention that you are a beginner, I would strongly recommend the Learning Center to quickly get up to speed with the COMSOL interface.

Specifically for a model of a permanent magnet's interaction with an object, see this model and its documentation.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Rahul, Since you mention that you are a beginner, I would strongly recommend the [Learning Center](https://www.comsol.com/learning-center) to quickly get up to speed with the COMSOL interface. Specifically for a model of a permanent magnet's interaction with an object, see [this model](https://www.comsol.com/model/permanent-magnet-78) and its documentation. Best, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年11月20日 GMT-5 09:00

I am using version 5.3 but there are higher versions for the model you have suggested.

I am using version 5.3 but there are higher versions for the model you have suggested.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年11月20日 GMT-5 12:05

Hello Rahul,

5.3 is over three years old, and the software has gained many capabilities and improved in performance since then, not to mention updated compatibility with the latest versions of OSs and interfacing programs. All this to say that I would recommend you update your installation, if at all possible. If not, and assuming your license includes the AC/DC Module (and you will need it to perform this type of modeling), you will find version 5.3 of this model and its documentation in the Application Libraries inside the software, under the File menu, I believe.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Rahul, 5.3 is over three years old, and the software has gained many capabilities and improved in performance since then, not to mention updated compatibility with the latest versions of OSs and interfacing programs. All this to say that I would recommend you update your installation, if at all possible. If not, and assuming your license includes the AC/DC Module (and you will need it to perform this type of modeling), you will find version 5.3 of this model and its documentation in the Application Libraries inside the software, under the File menu, I believe. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.