Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to compute elastoplastic strain variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I need help with the COMSOL software, my problem is the following: I want to model an experiment that consists in loading a non-coherent soil by a prescribed displacement. The soil characteristics are: - Young's modulus: 10 MPa - Poisson's ratio: 0.26 - Internal angle of friction: 39 deg - Cohesion: 0 (for convergence reason, I took c=1Pa) The imposed displacement is 20mm (I used the auxilliary sweep option)

the software displays the message: Failed to find a solution for all parameters, even when using the minimum parameter step. Failed to compute elastoplastic strain variables. Returned solution is not converged.

1 Reply Last Post 2020年12月7日 GMT-5 11:14
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年12月7日 GMT-5 11:14

Hi,

Here are some suggestions:

https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1150

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, Here are some suggestions:

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.