Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post processing across solution sets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I run a study, copy its results, and then run another study so I have two data sets available.

Can I do post processing in results on a combination of the two sets. For example, a surface plot of variable x from data set 1 vs variable y from data set 2?

Something like: solution1.emw.Ex
if that exists??

Or does all processing have to come from one solution set?

Thanks again,

Brandon

2 Replies Last Post 2012年3月29日 GMT-4 17:56

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年3月29日 GMT-4 17:41
Was just wondering if anyone knows if this sort of processing exists, or do I need to export my data in order to get this level of manipulation.
Was just wondering if anyone knows if this sort of processing exists, or do I need to export my data in order to get this level of manipulation.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年3月29日 GMT-4 17:56
I don't think you can do it in the COMSOL Desktop. But it should be straight-forward using MATLAB LiveLink.
I don't think you can do it in the COMSOL Desktop. But it should be straight-forward using MATLAB LiveLink.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.