Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Internal error in boundary respecting.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm confused by this error.

A search of the fora here reveals 13 hits. Each of them describes a model being too complex, or perhaps needing meshing by hand, or perhaps more finely.

My geometry has 16 domains, and is comprised mostly of blocks and three stacked cylinders.

I can go to the mesh interface and "Build All." This builds Mesh1, which is a user-controlled mesh, using general physics "fine" setting, for the "Entire geometry." The mesh builds successfully and a nice lacy pattern covers the object in the graphics screen. So far, so good.

Then I move to Study 1 and request "Compute." Here I receive the error,
Problem setting up multigrid.
A problem arose when building mesh feature 'Reference 1/Free Tetrahedral 1'.
Failed to generate mesh for domain.
- Domain: 2
Internal error in boundary respecting.
Error in multiphysics compilation.

At this point, Mesh2 is generated.

-> Why is mesh2 generated? I cannot find how to disable the generation of mesh2 and cause Study 1 to use Mesh1, which has already been generated.

Domain 2 is a revolved slender rectangle, in fact, the wall of a vessel.

Thank you for your help.

0 Replies Last Post 2012年4月24日 GMT-4 17:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Stasko

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.