Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoelectric transformer interfaced with electrical circuit.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have made a piezo transformer model and wish to drive it using an external electrical circuit interface.
I have made connections to the electrical circuit elements using a voltage source, a small input resistor and a load at the output terminal.
It is basically a 3-terminal device, wherein the input and output electrodes have a common ground.

After doing a frequency domain study, I get the following error:

Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter.
Maximum number of segregated iterations reached.
Returned solution is not converged.

I'm not sure if the error is with the electrical circuit interface or something to do with the meshing/tolerance/solver since the model simulated fine before addition of the electrical circuit interface, plotting susceptance and electrical potential.

Anyone who would be able to throw some light, it would be of great help to me. I have attached the model and the diagrammatic representation of the entire model.
Thanks!

Sneha

2 Replies Last Post 2012年12月17日 GMT-5 01:38
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sneha Lele

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月16日 GMT-5 20:06
Now,I have found the same error too.And also in my model Piezoelectric Devices is the first nodal ponit. I want to know if you have found the soulation of it.Thank you very much!
Now,I have found the same error too.And also in my model Piezoelectric Devices is the first nodal ponit. I want to know if you have found the soulation of it.Thank you very much!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年12月17日 GMT-5 01:38
Hi

your "spring foundation" with "0" stiffness will certainly give you some issues, forthermore I expect your are missing a GND for the second PZT

Then if its "just to put a voltage sinus source you can as well set it directly into the terminal, no need for the "Circuit" physics for that, and for the passive resistance, you can use the Terminal load settings

Then use at least 3 or more mesh elements across the thickness (my way is to split all such blocks with a layer or more)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi your "spring foundation" with "0" stiffness will certainly give you some issues, forthermore I expect your are missing a GND for the second PZT Then if its "just to put a voltage sinus source you can as well set it directly into the terminal, no need for the "Circuit" physics for that, and for the passive resistance, you can use the Terminal load settings Then use at least 3 or more mesh elements across the thickness (my way is to split all such blocks with a layer or more) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.