Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric sweep results

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am launching a parametric sweep over one single parameter P. For each paremeter P, I am launching a modal analysis and get two eigenmodes. Then, I integrate my solution over four subsets of boundaries and get four scalar per eigenmode: int1_mode_i,int1_mode_i,int2_mode_i,int3_mode_i,int4_mode_i with i = 1 or 2 indexes the modes.

Therefore, if P is varying from p1 to p3, I would like to store in a table:

P1 EigenValue_1_P1 int1_mode_1_P1 int2_mode_1_P1 int2_mode_1_P1 int2_mode_1_P1
P1 EigenValue_2_P1 int1_mode_2_P1 int2_mode_2_P1 int2_mode_2_P1 int2_mode_2_P1
P2 EigenValue_1_P2 int1_mode_1_P2 int2_mode_1_P2 int2_mode_1_P2 int2_mode_1_P2
P2 EigenValue_2_P2 int1_mode_2_P2 int2_mode_2_P2 int2_mode_2_P2 int2_mode_2_P2
P3 EigenValue_1_P3 int1_mode_1_P3 int2_mode_1_P3 int2_mode_1_P3 int2_mode_1_P3
P3 EigenValue_2_P3 int1_mode_2_P3 int2_mode_2_P3 int2_mode_2_P3 int2_mode_2_P3

Is there simple way to do that without using the livelink MATLAB? Maybe with accumulated probe table. I am very struggling with this basic request. Any tutorial or example will be very helpful.

For your informations, I usually end up with error messages like: "Tabe input type 'None' does not match data input type 'Eigenfrequency'. Try evaluating in another table."

Thank you all for your answers,

Best Regards,

Denis

2 Replies Last Post 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 05:20
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月15日 GMT-4 13:32
Hi

I'm not sure what to say about how to generate such a table

But your table error comes from the fact that you try to mix a table with a single line (simple simluation input) with a table entry requiring a matrix (multiple line entry or a sweep solver sequence)

At least in 4.2a you cannot mix into the same table a derived variable from a single entrysolver sequnce (i.e. no parametric sweep) with a solution with multiple entries (several parameters).
And I do not know of a way how to mix together two tables in COMSOL, but tables can be exported to other formats/files or with cut&paste so there are manual ways around

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure what to say about how to generate such a table But your table error comes from the fact that you try to mix a table with a single line (simple simluation input) with a table entry requiring a matrix (multiple line entry or a sweep solver sequence) At least in 4.2a you cannot mix into the same table a derived variable from a single entrysolver sequnce (i.e. no parametric sweep) with a solution with multiple entries (several parameters). And I do not know of a way how to mix together two tables in COMSOL, but tables can be exported to other formats/files or with cut&paste so there are manual ways around -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 05:20
OK, thanks. I will do it manually then. Best Regards. Denis
OK, thanks. I will do it manually then. Best Regards. Denis

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.