Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Constant pressure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm new to Comsol and I'm trying to explore its features to be able to use this programm in my studies. So my first question is pretty easy, but I havent found it by myself.

How do I apply full load pressure to a plate? To the whole plate and also to a small part of it.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 09:14
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 09:14
Hi

in which physics ?

if in structural you ca use a boundary load, and define a total pressure, or a load vector or a distributed load vector. For BCs, please thing of quantities realted to the mesh elements, hecnce by default everything is in "densities". Forces are in N/m^2 for boundaries by default which is equivalent to a pressure ONLY for the surface normal component, not in all generality

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in which physics ? if in structural you ca use a boundary load, and define a total pressure, or a load vector or a distributed load vector. For BCs, please thing of quantities realted to the mesh elements, hecnce by default everything is in "densities". Forces are in N/m^2 for boundaries by default which is equivalent to a pressure ONLY for the surface normal component, not in all generality -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.