Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to select all boundaries in a certain plane in Comsol 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I am trying to select all boundaries in a certain plane in Comsol 4.2. It is almost impossible to select by hand beacuse there are 1600 boundaries in the plane. Can someone tell me how to do this?
Thanks very much!
Baofeng

3 Replies Last Post 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 12:41
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月15日 GMT-4 23:13
If you haven't already done the following, consider this: After you click on the "geometry" level in the Model Builder, you should be able to find a little button among the row of buttons at the top of the screen that is the "select box" button (just hover the mouse cursor over them until you find it). Orient your geometry in a convenient way, click that button, then use the mouse to select large numbers of surfaces at once.
If you haven't already done the following, consider this: After you click on the "geometry" level in the Model Builder, you should be able to find a little button among the row of buttons at the top of the screen that is the "select box" button (just hover the mouse cursor over them until you find it). Orient your geometry in a convenient way, click that button, then use the mouse to select large numbers of surfaces at once.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 09:12
Hi

you can also define several views and remove some of the entities from the view, then it's easier to select in complex models. You can play with the Definition selection lists too particularly for complex models. On the FORUM somewhere I described an nice way to use the view and selecting view suppressions to fill in selection lists for materials

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can also define several views and remove some of the entities from the view, then it's easier to select in complex models. You can play with the Definition selection lists too particularly for complex models. On the FORUM somewhere I described an nice way to use the view and selecting view suppressions to fill in selection lists for materials -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月16日 GMT-4 12:41
Under your help, I have made it.
Thank you very much!!
Under your help, I have made it. Thank you very much!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.