Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep cutting out after X results.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I've defined a Polymer waveguide on top of a Si substrate, and i'm trying to find the effective mode index, this I have no problem with.

The problem arises when I try and sweep the height and width of the waveguide itself. I'm trying to sweep the height from 1 to 25 (in integer steps) while doing the same to the width.

it does this correctly, though it errors out at around the 74th iteration each time.

I'm using two separate parametric sweeps, I'm not sure if that would be the proper way to do it, is there a better way?

The error I keep getting is linked below:

imgur.com/2vw2m

Anyone know why I'm getting this problem?

Also, i'm running an Intel i5, with 6GB of RAM, if that matters.

Thanks!

Zak

0 Replies Last Post 2012年5月15日 GMT-4 18:13
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zak Kaston

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.