Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

phase evolution in a domian with changing boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

There are two aspects to my problem.

One is a phase evolution within a defined boundary. I have been successful with this part. (It is very similar to simulating two non-miscible liquids separating out.)

The second aspect is that the same phase evolution now needs to happen within a boundary which changes shape with time. The 'shape change' is a physical phenomenon and the precise change of shape is well defined. The mass is conserved through out.

My questions are:

1. How to get the boundaries (which are defined in comsol as 'walls' ) to deform and change shape in a defined way. To get started, is it possible to change a square domain into a circular domian?
2. At the same time, while this boundary shape change is happening, I want the phase evolution to happen and I want the internal mesh to adapt to the new boundary shape at each time step. How to couple them together?

--
sha

0 Replies Last Post 2012年5月25日 GMT-4 12:29
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.