Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extraction of Coordinates from a COMSOL Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to extract the X,Y;Z coordinates from a COMSOL Model. The Model is 2 Helix Coils with Some difference in between but Thats not important.

Only important thing is, i need a way to get the coordinates from COMSOL Model to MATLAB for some Wire-bonding works. I Have tried several attempts and i havent been sucessful yet. A Prompt Reply would be highly appreciated in this regard.

Regards,
Moeez

2 Replies Last Post 2012年6月15日 GMT-4 08:36

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月13日 GMT-4 11:05
Hi,

In matlab, use this

model = mphload('model_name'); % model_name is your mph file name
info = mphxmeshinfo(model,'solname', 'sol1', 'studysteptag', 'st1');

the info structure has all details.

Suresh
Hi, In matlab, use this model = mphload('model_name'); % model_name is your mph file name info = mphxmeshinfo(model,'solname', 'sol1', 'studysteptag', 'st1'); the info structure has all details. Suresh

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月15日 GMT-4 08:36
One of the Problems that i am having is i want Just the Coordinates of a Helix. The Data Structure is not Working Properly. How can i easily Extract or Where to Use the command as this seems rather vague! I Need an urgent assistance for it !
One of the Problems that i am having is i want Just the Coordinates of a Helix. The Data Structure is not Working Properly. How can i easily Extract or Where to Use the command as this seems rather vague! I Need an urgent assistance for it !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.