Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multiple comsol versions on a single computer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can I install both version 4.2a and version 4.3 on a single computer?

2 Replies Last Post 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 18:00
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 00:58
Hi,
for easrler versions we could, they installed in different directories, for 4.3 I do not yet know, waiting for my CD to arrive;), but the best is to ask "support" or your local rep

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi, for easrler versions we could, they installed in different directories, for 4.3 I do not yet know, waiting for my CD to arrive;), but the best is to ask "support" or your local rep -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 18:00
Hi Ivar,
Thanks for your reply.
I just installed 4.3 on the same machine that has 4.2.
So far no problem encountered.
Hi Ivar, Thanks for your reply. I just installed 4.3 on the same machine that has 4.2. So far no problem encountered.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.