Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupled reactive transport in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hej,

I am working on reactive-advective-diffusive transport modeling for subsurface fracture-matrix. Reactions are defined in reaction engineering interface (re) and transport equations are set in transport interface (chds).
Concentration of dissolved species (CO2aq, H+,OH-,Ca++,Mg++,K+, Al+++ etc.) are given as boundary conditions at inlet of the fracture. These dissolved species are advected in the fracture and through diffusion process these species enter in the matrix and start reacting with mineral in the matrix.
What I observe is that the reactions are not coupled with the transported species therefore I do not see the reactions in the matrix due to diffused species concentration in the matrix. The updated species concentrations in the fracture and matrix must be taken into account for reactions with the minerals.
What I observe is that the “re” interface only works for global variables and do not capture the instantaneous local variables. Therefore the reactions remain only connected to the global variables (given initial conditions in the “re” interface) not with the local instantaneous variables. The global variables are not updated according to the instantaneous local variables.

I need help/advise on how to getting connect the reactions with instantaneous local variables through establishing a coupled connection between “re” and “chds” interfaces.

Best Regards,

Nawaz Ahmad
KTH

0 Replies Last Post 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 04:30
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nawaz Ahmad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.