Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Joules heating in a Primary terminal of Current Transformer.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello..

I am trying to model a Primary terminal of A Current Transformer. The terminal is to carry a current of 300 Amps. I am stuck with how to inject the current into the system, so that I get the potential drop as well as the Heating of the terminal. Can anyone please help me out. I am attaching my model here.

3 Replies Last Post 2012年8月31日 GMT-4 13:27

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月15日 GMT-4 11:53
I have tried with potential at the terminal but still I am getting error. If anyone can help me , I would be grateful .

Thanks in advance.. :)
I have tried with potential at the terminal but still I am getting error. If anyone can help me , I would be grateful . Thanks in advance.. :)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月31日 GMT-4 11:21
Hi, I am currently trying to model one of my inductors that I have done many times in past versions of COMSOL but appear to get the same error. I will be looking into this.
Hi, I am currently trying to model one of my inductors that I have done many times in past versions of COMSOL but appear to get the same error. I will be looking into this.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月31日 GMT-4 13:27
Just so you know, if you are still looking, the inductor_3d example model in the model library shows how it works somewhat well. I had to create a little air element between my terminals that acted as the terminal port with both + and - sides, and using the electrical circuit setup. That model is a good guide though.
Just so you know, if you are still looking, the inductor_3d example model in the model library shows how it works somewhat well. I had to create a little air element between my terminals that acted as the terminal port with both + and - sides, and using the electrical circuit setup. That model is a good guide though.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.