Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help me to define current source in 2 dimension!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I am a normal university student and doing COMSOL simulation thesedays. It is really hard to me,, so I need your help..

(I am using electric current physics and stationary state in 2 dimension.)

In defining current source Qj, although my simulation is in 2 dimension, the unit of Qj is A/m^3. I am qurious about it cause m^3 is a unit of volume, but my simulation is in 2 dimension. I want to flow 100uA from a rectangular current source.(height 5um, length 200um). What should I do to change this to Qj? Also, Is there any method to convert that unit to A/m^2?

Thank you for reading even though my English is not good.

Sincerly,

Yunseo

2 Replies Last Post 2021年9月14日 GMT-4 21:40

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年8月25日 GMT-4 05:29

Dear Yunseo COMSOL itself solve each problem considering 3D. So even if you are solving 2D problem, your physics already has some by default out of plane dimension. So please look at the out of plane dimension of COMSOL. Hope now you can further think about your doubt.

Dear Yunseo COMSOL itself solve each problem considering 3D. So even if you are solving 2D problem, your physics already has some by default out of plane dimension. So please look at the out of plane dimension of COMSOL. Hope now you can further think about your doubt.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年9月14日 GMT-4 21:40

Thank you! It was really helpful to me :)

Thank you! It was really helpful to me :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.