Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

'Turbulent Two Phase Flow, Level Set' Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

We are designing a two phase (Air and Gas) burner model using 'Turbulent Two Phase Flow, Level Set' module with Transient Initialization. We are not getting any error when we compute the model for studying but the study does not compute any dependent variables other than phase field variable (mod.phils). I was not able to select 'Solve for this field' in any other dependent variables section. We are having Air and Syn Gas (User Defined Material) as the two fluids in the model. In the results, the volume fraction of gas is shown as zero even where it has to be one. May be the problem exists because the model is not taking into account the physical properties of Syn Gas(No green tick mark shown to the left of property column in syn gas material section) inspite of specifying them and we don't know how to rectify this problem.

It would be grateful if anyone shares his/her knowledge on this.

Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 2012年8月15日 GMT-4 15:37

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月21日 GMT-4 02:04
Hi,

I don't have answer to your problem but question about used model. Why do you use two phase model? Should this easier with "Transport of Diluted Species" (combined with Turbulent Flow). There is only one flow material but this can be modified by making mixture which contains all gas components. You can add here reaction of gases and heat production if needed (Heat Transfer module).

Best regards

Tero
Hi, I don't have answer to your problem but question about used model. Why do you use two phase model? Should this easier with "Transport of Diluted Species" (combined with Turbulent Flow). There is only one flow material but this can be modified by making mixture which contains all gas components. You can add here reaction of gases and heat production if needed (Heat Transfer module). Best regards Tero

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月21日 GMT-4 14:27
Thank you
Thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月15日 GMT-4 15:37
Hi,

Did you get your simulation to work out? I'm working on a combustion problem and would be interested in your setup/results.

Thank you,
Lindsey
Hi, Did you get your simulation to work out? I'm working on a combustion problem and would be interested in your setup/results. Thank you, Lindsey

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.