Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

radial magnetization for a PM

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

somebody knows how to set the radial magnetization for a PM in 3D environment

Jiang

4 Replies Last Post 2012年6月26日 GMT-4 22:38
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月26日 GMT-4 01:48
Hi

have you tried to define a coordinate system ? i.e. a cylindrical one

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to define a coordinate system ? i.e. a cylindrical one -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月26日 GMT-4 03:31
Hi Ivar

Thank you for your good idea.
I have another question, i want to calculate the Lorentz force generated by the motion of a conductor (a copper rod in my case) in a constant magnetic field. However, i can only calculate the Lorentz force contribution (mef.FLtz) which is the actually the force density induced in the conductor. How can i calculate the exact force induced by the eddy current ?
My model is in the 2D axisymmetric environment.

Jiang
Hi Ivar Thank you for your good idea. I have another question, i want to calculate the Lorentz force generated by the motion of a conductor (a copper rod in my case) in a constant magnetic field. However, i can only calculate the Lorentz force contribution (mef.FLtz) which is the actually the force density induced in the conductor. How can i calculate the exact force induced by the eddy current ? My model is in the 2D axisymmetric environment. Jiang

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月26日 GMT-4 14:56
Hi

first if all in 2D-axi you can only have a Z motion, I believe, else I'm not sure how you get around the 2D-axi symmetry.

Then if you get a field density, which is the case for most variables, as these apply to each element dx*dy*dz (or dr*dphi*dz) it means you need to integrate over your domain or boundary, whatever applies, so that you get the total effect. (in 2D axi do not forget that sometimes you need the 2*pi*r "loop" multiplicant

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first if all in 2D-axi you can only have a Z motion, I believe, else I'm not sure how you get around the 2D-axi symmetry. Then if you get a field density, which is the case for most variables, as these apply to each element dx*dy*dz (or dr*dphi*dz) it means you need to integrate over your domain or boundary, whatever applies, so that you get the total effect. (in 2D axi do not forget that sometimes you need the 2*pi*r "loop" multiplicant -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月26日 GMT-4 22:38
Hi Ivar

Thank you very much for your constructive advise.

Jiang
Hi Ivar Thank you very much for your constructive advise. Jiang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.