Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

'sigma_dc' on vertices

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using Comsol/Matlab interface. I have a model which is solved in 'Conductive Media DC' for voltage over the surface. The inputs are the injected current and the known conductivity of the area and the output is the potential. the model and the solution working properly.

What I want is the value of the conductivity of the vertices of the mesh.

What I used is <<sigmax = postinterp(f,'sigma_dc',vert{n});>> which is working but takes too long as it solves the problem again for each element. but as the conductivity is an input there should be another way to plot it.

the vertices are come from 'pd.p'.

I was wondering if you could help me.

Thanks,
Hoda

2 Replies Last Post 2012年7月10日 GMT-4 04:09
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月10日 GMT-4 03:27
Hi

try to avoid thinking mesh and nodes for postprocessing in COMSOL, you will get confused, that is the "old" way of FEM. COMSOl uses entities: geoemtric domains, boundaries (and perhaps edges and points if applicable). You shoudl use the properties on domain and boundaries (volumes and surfaces in 3D, surfaces and edges respectively in 2D) and select the boundaries and plot thereafter. COSMOL will then apply the values to these entities. Not that a Boundary heritates its results from the surrounding domains, which means that sometimes you get average values, or undefined derivatives as these cannot be correctly estimated, all depends on your model set up

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to avoid thinking mesh and nodes for postprocessing in COMSOL, you will get confused, that is the "old" way of FEM. COMSOl uses entities: geoemtric domains, boundaries (and perhaps edges and points if applicable). You shoudl use the properties on domain and boundaries (volumes and surfaces in 3D, surfaces and edges respectively in 2D) and select the boundaries and plot thereafter. COSMOL will then apply the values to these entities. Not that a Boundary heritates its results from the surrounding domains, which means that sometimes you get average values, or undefined derivatives as these cannot be correctly estimated, all depends on your model set up -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月10日 GMT-4 04:09

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Actually I need a coordinate of an area on the surface which I do not have access through the geometry information. but if I have the value of the nodes on that area and their coordinates, I would find coordinate of that area which I could but it takes too long as it solves the problem again over the nodes.

I just wanted to know whether I can have it without solving the problem again.

Thanks,
Hoda
Hi, Thank you for your response. Actually I need a coordinate of an area on the surface which I do not have access through the geometry information. but if I have the value of the nodes on that area and their coordinates, I would find coordinate of that area which I could but it takes too long as it solves the problem again over the nodes. I just wanted to know whether I can have it without solving the problem again. Thanks, Hoda

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.