Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inconsistent results via setting different start and end time with the same time step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am solving a time-dependent problem, where I meet an issue related to the convergence. I set six different start and end time with the same time step 0.02ns, for instance, 0 - 10ns, 0 - 20ns, 0 - 30ns, 0 - 40 ns, 0 - 50ns, and 0 - 60ns. However, they give me inconsist results at 10ns, see the figure below. Both Fully coupled and Segregated solvers show the same behaivour. Could anyone give me some tips about this behaviour in COMSOL?Capture.PNG

2 Replies Last Post 2022年2月24日 GMT-5 11:33
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年2月24日 GMT-5 09:49

I'll take a wild guess that perhaps you may be allowing Comsol to automatically adjust the size of your time steps? Try setting your time stepping to "Manual". I've attached a piece of a screenshot to show you an example. But consider posting your .mph file to the forum for more detailed advice.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I'll take a wild guess that perhaps you may be allowing Comsol to automatically *adjust* the size of your time steps? Try setting your time stepping to "Manual". I've attached a piece of a screenshot to show you an example. But consider posting your .mph file to the forum for more detailed advice.

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年2月24日 GMT-5 11:33

Dear Robert,

It helped. Thank you very much!

Best regards, Jian

Dear Robert, It helped. Thank you very much! Best regards, Jian

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.