Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

options for a transient simulation with particle tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

As someone new into the COMSOL, I would like to model an unsteady flow passing a 2D cylinder like the one already in the COMSOL tutorials. I would like to simulate the flow for a time like 0 to 300s, and then add some particles and extend both the flow simulation and particle tracking from 300s to 310s for example.

My question is what are the options forward. Should I start just the flow and simulate until 300s and then add by particles thrugh "add physics" option? if so, how I can extend the time for both flow and particles?

Is it possible to setup both from beginning of the solution, and have COMSOL to add particles at 300 seconds?

I would appreciate any response or any link with a similar tutorial.

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 2022年4月22日 GMT-4 16:32
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mahdi Khademi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.