Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gas flow into a reactor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I'm new to COMSOL and am puzzled on where to start. I would like to model the flow of a gas into a reactor. The gas would be at a temperature T1 and the contents of the reactor would be at T2 (T1 > T2).I can assume that the reactor is a cylinder as well as the pipes carrying gas in and out of the reactor. What I'm interested in learning is what is the heat exchange in the reactor, i.e. by how much does T2 increase as a function of time At what point does it reach steady state? How do I account for the liquid in the reactor being stirred?

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 17:49

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 17:49
Does anyone have any insight on this problem? Thank you!
Does anyone have any insight on this problem? Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.