Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to make 2D axisymmetry with Radiation in Participating Media ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Why I can't chose Radiation in Participating Media in axisymmetry ?
or
Can I change the coordinate?
Like initial I chose the 2D coordinate.
Then I modify the equation , let it became 2D-axisymmetry.

1 Reply Last Post 2012年8月13日 GMT-4 01:35
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月13日 GMT-4 01:35
Hi

Indeed, it's not in the 2D-axi physics options, I cannot tell why like that, need some more thinking, but have you checked carefully the doc ?,
either it has not (yet) been implemented, or it's that the 2D-axi symmetry does not allow for any simple implementation, hopefully it's the first case, and it might arrive in next release. But "support" can certainly tell you why

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Indeed, it's not in the 2D-axi physics options, I cannot tell why like that, need some more thinking, but have you checked carefully the doc ?, either it has not (yet) been implemented, or it's that the 2D-axi symmetry does not allow for any simple implementation, hopefully it's the first case, and it might arrive in next release. But "support" can certainly tell you why -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.