Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

pzt deformed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol,

I'd like to calculate the volume formed by pzt to be deformed, when applying a DC voltage.

How can I make this calculation in comsol ?

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 16:45
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 01:19
Hi

check your variable list, you have the defomed elementary volume, hence you can integrate that over the domain.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check your variable list, you have the defomed elementary volume, hence you can integrate that over the domain. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 15:39

Dear Ivar,

Thanks for your reply.

The variables that are see, u, v, w. Where do I find deformed elementary volume?

I tried the top vol = 1 (1), but the value does not change, when the voltage pzt change.

I have attached the model.

thanks a lot
Dear Ivar, Thanks for your reply. The variables that are see, u, v, w. Where do I find deformed elementary volume? I tried the top vol = 1 (1), but the value does not change, when the voltage pzt change. I have attached the model. thanks a lot

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 16:45
Hi

check if you are integrating over the material or the spatial frame, and if you useor not the non-linear geoemtry, then you shoud see a difference in intop1(1) as then x = X+u

check also the dvol variable, but here again the frames interfer, specially with ALE

Check the doc on the variable names and turn on the equation view to see the COMSOlinternal variables and definitions

there are also several threads on the forum, but take care, the way one can estimate the deformation has changed in the different versions of v4.1, v4.2 v4.3 as COMSOL has changed slightly the default settings for the spatial and material frames in SOLID physics

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check if you are integrating over the material or the spatial frame, and if you useor not the non-linear geoemtry, then you shoud see a difference in intop1(1) as then x = X+u check also the dvol variable, but here again the frames interfer, specially with ALE Check the doc on the variable names and turn on the equation view to see the COMSOlinternal variables and definitions there are also several threads on the forum, but take care, the way one can estimate the deformation has changed in the different versions of v4.1, v4.2 v4.3 as COMSOL has changed slightly the default settings for the spatial and material frames in SOLID physics -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.