Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Per-unit-length resistance and inductance extraction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have the following question.
Does anybody have any ideas how to extract per-unit-length resistance and inductance using 2D-mesh in COMSOL?
I don't know, how should I excite my conductor, so it will give me the needed parameters.

For example, I have a circular cross-section cable, made from copper. I want to extract resistance and inductance as function of frequency (per-unit-length), using only 2D-mesh of my cross-section.

1 Reply Last Post 2012年8月18日 GMT-4 04:57

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月18日 GMT-4 04:57
Hi,

Did you had a look at
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/212/

Good luck

--
L. Queval
Hi, Did you had a look at http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/212/ Good luck -- L. Queval

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.