Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency Sweep Fails to solve around Eigen Frequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm simulating a SAW device, using the Piezoelectric module I get eigen frequencies around 100Mhz, but when i sweep up with small steps like 50Hz Step the solver keeps outputting "Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter" only if i sweep around 10KHz or more it solves,

The problem is that i study the effect of heat on the resonance frequencies, the eigen value solver already outputs different frequencies mainly differ around 50Hz in each resonance SAW propagating mode and i want to capture this small variation using a frequency sweep at different temperatures.

thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2012年8月30日 GMT-4 14:47

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月30日 GMT-4 14:47
Hi,

I have come across the same problem. Basically, at resonance the amplitude of vibration is very very big (infinite) so the solver fails to calculate the displacement. You can solve this problem by adding some damping to the material.

-Sankha
Hi, I have come across the same problem. Basically, at resonance the amplitude of vibration is very very big (infinite) so the solver fails to calculate the displacement. You can solve this problem by adding some damping to the material. -Sankha

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.