Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comsol solve this kind of moving mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

i have one doubt about moving mesh (ALE). i want to pass the laser beam on rectangular plate. i want to use mesh density around the laser beam only,not full laser path. so i would like to move beam with fine mesh(both are moving together).this is possible.comsol can solve this problem?
please help me
please look my attached file.

2 Replies Last Post 2013年2月9日 GMT-5 01:43
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年9月13日 GMT-4 13:19
Yes, it's definitely possible. COMSOL's support team could help you if have any specific questions about this.
Yes, it's definitely possible. COMSOL's support team could help you if have any specific questions about this.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年2月9日 GMT-5 01:43
Dear Jean,

I am not getting any promising solution from your support, can anyone from your end provide me with solution with moving mesh.

--
ishant.jain@tatasteel.com
Dear Jean, I am not getting any promising solution from your support, can anyone from your end provide me with solution with moving mesh. [QUOTE] Yes, it's definitely possible. COMSOL's support team could help you if have any specific questions about this. [/QUOTE] -- ishant.jain@tatasteel.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.