Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of helium orbitals using custom physics module from COMSOL Multiphysics Physics Builder Manual

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Me and my colleague wanted to try using COMSOL to calculate energy levels for hydrogen, helium and more. Our university don’t have license for Semiconductor module where I know that Schrödinger’s equation is implemented but we have found COMSOL Multiphysics Physics Builder Manual ( https://doc.comsol.com/5.3/doc/com.comsol.help.comsol/COMSOL_PhysicsBuilderManual.pdf) (example starts on page 284). In this document was an instruction for preparing a custom physics module with Schrödinger’s equation and an example of calculating hydrogen orbitals.

From this point we have problem to change this custom physics module for helium atom. We have tried a few things, but I am afraid that our understanding of FEM maybe be not sufficient.

I want to ask if someone could give us a hint or a lead how we could calculate it.

0 Replies Last Post 2022年12月20日 GMT-5 05:13
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jakub Bręczewski

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.