Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature gradient as a boundary condition

Hy

I am trying to get temperature distribution on a 3D object because of laser radiation (heat input surface is xy plane). I need to set a boundary condition as DT/Dz=0. Can anyone tell me how to set DT/Dz=0 as a boundary condition?

--Farhad

2 Replies Last Post 2012年10月9日 GMT-0400下午3:01
Posted: 5 years ago 2012年10月9日 GMT-0400上午8:18
HI, Farhad

I think it is equivalent to "Thermal Insulation" (or "Zero Flux") condition, which is the default boundary cond. in Heat problems.

Jesus.
HI, Farhad I think it is equivalent to "Thermal Insulation" (or "Zero Flux") condition, which is the default boundary cond. in Heat problems. Jesus.

Posted: 5 years ago 2012年10月9日 GMT-0400下午3:01
Hi

I'm not sure, I would say rather "open boundary", even if the formula for a symmetry = thermal insulation for an X-Y plane and the d/dz component looks like "=0", as nz = 1

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure, I would say rather "open boundary", even if the formula for a symmetry = thermal insulation for an X-Y plane and the d/dz component looks like "=0", as nz = 1 -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.