Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electric field strength at surface - BEM

LouisPD Design&Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The electric field strength at surface is different from that in the air domain acc. to AC/DC BEM results. Around 1 in the air domain and 0.5 at conductor surface.

How to set to make these two results matach? Since I don's care the transition of the electric field strength from conductor to air, the max. value is actually what I need.

2 Replies Last Post 2023年5月8日 GMT-4 22:24
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 12 months ago 2023年5月8日 GMT-4 22:04

Is this an electrostatics problem? I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Is this an electrostatics problem? I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 12 months ago 2023年5月8日 GMT-4 22:24
Updated: 12 months ago 2023年5月8日 GMT-4 22:26

As usual, can't say anything definitive without the .mph file.

However- if you evaluate a quantity at a surface- without specifying upside or downside- Comsol computes the average.

As usual, can't say anything definitive without the .mph file. However- if you evaluate a quantity at a surface- without specifying upside or downside- Comsol computes the average.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.