Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to read 3d graph..

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have attached the screenshot of a pressure graph.please let me know what the x,y and z axis represents.

3 Replies Last Post 2012年11月1日 GMT-4 03:06

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月23日 GMT-4 04:55

x,y and z are the spatial coordinates of the model, what else? The picture obviously shows pressure on a 2D slice of the 3D model.

Cheers
Edgar
x,y and z are the spatial coordinates of the model, what else? The picture obviously shows pressure on a 2D slice of the 3D model. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月1日 GMT-4 01:05
Thanks Edgar

one more thing..I would like to ask is that why do pressure values are coming negative in the vertical bar on the right side.
(snapshot attached)
Thanks Edgar one more thing..I would like to ask is that why do pressure values are coming negative in the vertical bar on the right side. (snapshot attached)

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月1日 GMT-4 03:06
Hi

on your fist graph it looks like you have a rather coarse mesh, perhaps too coarse, on the second I suppose that the sign comes from the surface definition, pressure is defined to the external surface normal. Could that be involved ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi on your fist graph it looks like you have a rather coarse mesh, perhaps too coarse, on the second I suppose that the sign comes from the surface definition, pressure is defined to the external surface normal. Could that be involved ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.