Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Define a variable by different equation in every subdomain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Right now I'm working on a time-domain simulation of a geometry, which consists out of 3 subdomains. For modeling the physics I use the weak-form interface. In the simulation I use the electromagnetic potential (A) and the polarization fields (P). The equation of A is the same in all subdomains (basically the Maxwell equations), while the subdomains are filled with different materials, and hence the equations for P are different in all subdomains (like a field P1 only defined in subdomain 1, P2 valid in subdomain 2, and P3 in subdomain 3).

My question now is, is it possible to define a variable P which is given by P1 in subdomain 1 and so on. So that I can use this variable in the equations for A?

Or is there a better way to solve my problem,

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance,
Felix

P.S. I don't use the standard formulation of the electrodynamics already included in Comsol, since due to the details of the simulation I need to modify the equations.

0 Replies Last Post 2012年10月29日 GMT-4 14:10
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Felix

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.