Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Counter_driven_ coils

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm new to COMSOL and I'm trying to model the b-field lines of a copper coil matrix and its interactions with an inert copper plate. I've been able to build a geometry and mesh however I've confused on how to "power" the coils. I want to have the coils counter driven in a lattice fashion using an 8[Mhz] sine wave I've tries the RF module and the circuit model but to no avail . Anyone have some insights?

I've also attached what i have to to help anyone visualize

regards

4 Replies Last Post 2012年11月1日 GMT-4 03:07

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月29日 GMT-4 16:18
apologies, the model was too large to attach
apologies, the model was too large to attach

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月30日 GMT-4 02:24
Hi

you should "clean up your model" before attaching them on the forum, we wold need to resolve, but that is often easier.
To clean; select Edit - Clear all solutions, Clear all mesh, File - Reset history, and Save as with new name, then upload

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you should "clean up your model" before attaching them on the forum, we wold need to resolve, but that is often easier. To clean; select Edit - Clear all solutions, Clear all mesh, File - Reset history, and Save as with new name, then upload -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 21:20
Ivar,
Even with your memory reducing steps I wasn't able to fit the whole model. However I was able to reduce it and now it fits, the only difference is the number of turns per coil. Hopefully now you will now be able to help me.
Regards
Eric
Ivar, Even with your memory reducing steps I wasn't able to fit the whole model. However I was able to reduce it and now it fits, the only difference is the number of turns per coil. Hopefully now you will now be able to help me. Regards Eric

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月1日 GMT-4 03:07
Hi

COMSOL has also "lumped" coil BC's that consider also multiturn coils, you do not get the details of the coil winding interiour, but you model solves often easier. Nevertheless, these BC's are complex physics, so read carefully the doc and try a few exercices befor using them, to really understand how they work

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi COMSOL has also "lumped" coil BC's that consider also multiturn coils, you do not get the details of the coil winding interiour, but you model solves often easier. Nevertheless, these BC's are complex physics, so read carefully the doc and try a few exercices befor using them, to really understand how they work -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.