Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help me to find how to get exact values from model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all ,

I simulated two coil system in induction coupling , and i define parameters and formulas in parameters section , but i dont know how to derive practical values by applying same formula in model , can you please help to get Mutual inductance and field intensity and flux density values
Thanks in advance
Model attached

--
kishore Naik Mude

1 Reply Last Post 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 13:00

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 13:00
HI, Kishore,

Your model is very similar to:
www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/12687/
("Mutual Inductance and Induced Currents in a Multi-Turn Coil").

I suggest you to take a look at it.
If you try the mutual inductance in open loop (secondary at 0[A]) you'll get
(8.67347e-6-5.19325e-10i) H from the expression: mf.VCoil_2/(mf.iomega*1[A])
(notice that I have set the primary coil to current feed of 1[A]).

Jesus.
HI, Kishore, Your model is very similar to: http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/12687/ ("Mutual Inductance and Induced Currents in a Multi-Turn Coil"). I suggest you to take a look at it. If you try the mutual inductance in open loop (secondary at 0[A]) you'll get (8.67347e-6-5.19325e-10i) H from the expression: mf.VCoil_2/(mf.iomega*1[A]) (notice that I have set the primary coil to current feed of 1[A]). Jesus.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.