Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model extrusion coupling Help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I need help in resolving an issue with my model. I have a number of ODEs of the form;
dA/dt = A + B domain 1
dB/dt = B+A-C domain 2
dC/dt = C+A domain 3
Each time I try to solve the problem, i keep getting a syntax expression error and I suspect that it is due to the fact that the dependent variables are domain restricted. Could someone tell me how to utilize extrusion coupling to make all the dependent variables present in all the domains? My model is attached herewith.

Thanks
Ene

1 Reply Last Post 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 12:34
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 12:34
Try defining a Linear Extrusion coupling from each domain to the adjacent one (source = Domain 5, destination = Domain 6, etc.). Then instead of referring to say variable stage51 in domain 6 PDE refer to linext1(stage51).

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Try defining a Linear Extrusion coupling from each domain to the adjacent one (source = Domain 5, destination = Domain 6, etc.). Then instead of referring to say variable stage51 in domain 6 PDE refer to linext1(stage51). Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.