Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnet in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!!

I am a new user to comsol and electromagnetics domain.

As a first step, I scanned through the models in model library in order to find the required modules for my geometry.
I' ve sorted out much of that and drew a basic geometry.In the following step I need to model an electromagnet in 3D.
I tried to search in the model library but none of the models clearly explain as to how to model an electromagnet in 3D.May be I am missing something.

so,anybody here could suggest me any suitable example in model library than can be helpful to model an electromagnet in 3D.If not available,then can you please provid me some basic stepd of modelling an electromagnet in 3D.I am using Comsol 3.5.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards.
Ramsha Bukhari

1 Reply Last Post 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 16:02
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月31日 GMT-4 16:02
Hi

making coret current loops for coils in 3D is tricky, and would require far more space than what is availbe here. There are most of the explanations in the model library examples, in the model gallery on the web site, and in some of the ACDC webinars. But the best you can do is to follow one of the COMSOL training courses in ACDC.

ACDC simulations is already a tricky subject, due to the vector field required for to describe the magnetic fields, not the easiest to start with, at least not in 3D ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi making coret current loops for coils in 3D is tricky, and would require far more space than what is availbe here. There are most of the explanations in the model library examples, in the model gallery on the web site, and in some of the ACDC webinars. But the best you can do is to follow one of the COMSOL training courses in ACDC. ACDC simulations is already a tricky subject, due to the vector field required for to describe the magnetic fields, not the easiest to start with, at least not in 3D ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.